Building a Sustainable Boulevardia.
Boulevardia is committed to bringing a unique beer, food and music festival to Kansas City without compromising the ability of future generations to enjoy their own Boulevardia. We believe in minimizing our impact on our Earth that creates the beer we all drink.
The Sustainable Boulevardia team works year-round to develop and realize a vision of the most environmentally-friendly Boulevardia possible. Here is what we have been up to so far as well as a vision for guaranteeing the future of our festival:
- Boulevardia’s biggest goal is to be a zero-waste festival by 2018, meaning that 100% of waste from Boulevardia is reused, recycled, composted, and stays out of landfills.
- 20 waste stations around Boulevardia provide an easy route for recyclable to be separated from compostable from landfill material.
- Beginning in 2016, food vendors will be required to use compostable plates, utensils, napkins, and containers.
- All beverages at Boulevardia are sold in recyclable plastic cups and bottles.
- Boulevardia is providing designated water stations to fill reusable bottles, eliminating thousands of disposable plastic bottles.
- Boulevardia is taking inventory of all the energy we use, from gas to cook your burger to the generators for lights, and exploring alternatives to keep the air clean.
- All information at Boulevardia comes through your smart phone app, keeping paper fliers out of the trash.
- Local food has a friendlier footprint (and tastes better!). We are working with groups food vendors and local farmers to source meat and produce from the region.
- Boulevardia believes in the groups that share the same environmentally-friendly mission. We feature groups like Cultivate KC and Ripple Glass at Greenville and help them share their message.
- All of our information is tracked so Boulevardia can decrease our footprint and be a little bit kinder to our Earth every year.
A sustainable Boulevardia is possible if we ALL do our part.